Willoughby Junior Women’s Club Scholarship Rules & Application
The Willoughby Junior Women’s Club Scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of volunteerism, community involvement, and evidence of responsibility and academic achievement of the applicant.
This scholarship is to be used for educational purposes beyond high school at any accredited college, university, or technical school. The funds from this award can be applied to expenses such as first year tuition charges, room and board, and lab/book fees for a full-time student.
Payment will be made directory to the institution after certification of enrollment is received by the Treasurer of the Willoughby Junior Women’s Club. Funds will not be directly transferred to the student.
Completed applications must be submitted by April 19, 2017 and the application will be held in strict confidence.
Applications not received by the date listed above will not be considered.
Should the recipient find that for some unforeseen reason he/she is unable to use the scholarship during the year that the scholarship is awarded, they must forfeit their right to it.
Required Items for Application
In order to be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher.
- reside in any of the following cities: Willoughby, Willoughby Hills, Waite Hill, Kirtland Hills, or Kirtland.
- fill in the online application listed below.
- provide an official school transcript.
- submit two personal character references, one which must be from a faculty or school staff member (please note: a family member may not submit personal character references).
Ready to apply? Fill out the form below!
Please note that your work cannot be saved to come back to at a later date.
Make sure that you have all the required information available, including your transcript and two personal character references, before you begin filling out the form.
If you have any questions or have any trouble with the online application, please send us a note and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.