What committees are there?
- Scholarship – This committee plans and runs the annual spring fundraising event. Additionally, they also coordinate the WJWC Scholarship application process and selection of recipients.
- Ways & Means – This committee plans and implements the annual fall fundraiser. The funds raised at this event support all club activities and our donations to the community. The general membership votes to select where to direct our funds to those in need.
- Club Connections – This committee hosts our membership event, holiday party, and the Annual Installation Banquet. The committee is also responsible for club social activities during the year.
- Community Involvement – This committee is responsible for organizing the Willoughby Safety Town Program and hosts the Community Children’s Christmas Party, where local children are invited to visit Santa at the Willoughby Fire Department in December. This Committee also coordinates the club Adopt-A-Family program during the holidays.
Do I have to be on a committee?
Yes. As a major community outreach organization each member is expected to contribute to the goals of the Club by working on a committee.
Due to their responsibilities, the President and Treasurer are excused from this requirement.
How are committees chosen?
Club members volunteer to co-chair committees; all other members sign up toward the end of each year. Final committee assignments for the following year are made by the Executive Board and are announced at the May Banquet.
- President – Coordinates with committee chairs; oversees annual schedule of events; welcomes and installs new members; is responsible for overall club activities.
- Vice President – Serves in place of the President when she is unavailable; is also the chair of the Donation Committee.
- Recording Secretary – Takes role and meeting minutes at both Board and General Membership meetings.
- Corresponding Secretary – Maintains webpage, Facebook, and mailed correspondence; manages the sunshine fund.
- Treasurer – Records finances for club activities and dues; manages the CPA assisting Club; maintains contact with banking institution.